Monday, January 23, 2012

parenting

“Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.”
-Robert A. Heinlein

“If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.”
- Abigail Van Buren
“The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven’s lieutenants.”
- Shakespeare

Children desperately need to know – and to hear in ways they understand and remember – that they're loved and valued by mom and dad – Paul Smally


These last few weeks have been hell on me, not only do we have Courtney with her CF but we also have my oldest DeziRae who is ADHD along with some other issues that we are trying to figure out. 

We have all heard the pharse when you have kids they are going to be twice as bad as you were right? Well, I know I gave my mom a hard time when I was a teenager but come on I didn't thing I would be dealing with it with a 10 year old not at least until she was a teenager. 

We have DeziRae in counseling and honestly it isn't helping and it won't help until she honestly opens up and tells her counselor whats really on her mind as of right now she tells her what she wants to hear because she doesn't like letting anyone down. She is just like this at school also but when she is home she is a whole different child. Both the girls have rules but Dezi is just down right disrespectful to Eric and I, her sister and even my mom at times. I started this blog to keep family and friends updated but also so I could vent but as I am sitting here typing this I am not sure if I can go any further because I don't want to be judged. So until I am more comfortable with letting out whats really going on I have one question. If you have a child that has a anger problem how do you handle it? All I will say is that Dezi is a very angry 10 year old child. She won't open up to us and I don't know how much more I can take. I am lost I feel alone but most of all I FEEL LIKE I HAVE FAILED AS A PARENT TO HER.

No comments:

Post a Comment